Access to Banner
Banner has two types of Access: Banner Self-Service (SSB) and Banner Admin (formerly known as Internet Native Banner, or INB). Normally, when one speaks of requiring "Banner access," it is in reference to Banner Admin/INB.
Faculty, students, and staff members are given Self-Service accounts upon joining the University community. Banner Self-Service is opened from the University homepage and is used for activities such as class registration, checking grades, and viewing pay stubs.
Students get a Banner Self-Service account after being admitted to the University. Students use Banner Self-Service to register for classes, check grades and verify records. No additional approval or training needed.
一道本不卡免费高清All employees are given a Banner Self-Service account when Human Resources create their employee record. Instructional Faculty gets Banner Self-Service access to the Student system based on their position. Faculty and Staff use Self-Service for HR functions. No additional approval or training needed.
Banner Admin (aka Internet Native Banner)
Faculty and staff use INB (now known as Banner Admin, as of Banner 9) to manage financial, student, and human resource information. Access to Banner Admin is restricted and must be approved. To justify access, users must demonstrate a legitimate need for access to confidential department data. Information Technology Services (ITS) requires signature authorization from your Dean, Director, or Department Head, and the appropriate Banner module Data Steward in order to process your access request. Signature authorization is required to satisfy State Audit requirements.
Instructions for obtaining access to Banner Admin (INB)
- Read and follow the Acceptable Use of Information Systems at Alabama A&M University.
- Print out the Confidentiality Acknowledgement Statement and sign it. Deliver the signed Confidentiality Acknowledgement Statement to ITS. NOTE: ITS will not grant access to Banner INB without a Confidentiality Acknowledgement Statement on file.
- Open the Banner Access Security Form and follow steps below:
- Complete Section 1 and Section 2 by typing in the form online (no white-outs or scratch-outs are accepted)
- Print out the form, sign and date it. NOTE: if you do not know your Banner ID (i.e., your A-number) you can find it here: .
- Deliver the form to your Department Head/Supervisor. They will complete Section 3 and 4. No "sign-fors" accepted, only original signatures.
- Finally, deliver the form to the appropriate Data Steward Office for approval (see Data Stewards chart below)
- The Data Steward will forward the form to ITS if your access has been approved (or return the form to you if your access has been denied).
- NOTE: you may only use one form for access to one Banner module
Functional training is usually required in addition to Internet Native Banner Basic Navigation training. Contact your Banner Power User within your business unit.
Each Banner Module has a Data Steward. The Data Stewards are responsible for ensuring the security and accuracy of their data in the Banner system. They make the final decision regarding who can access their Data.
一道本不卡免费高清The Data Stewards are listed below for each of the Banner Modules. Example: If you are seeking access to the Banner Human Resources Module, you must deliver your form to the Director of Human Resources for final signature. If approved, the Director would then forward your form to ITS.
|Banner Module||Data Steward (Approver)|
|Finance - Accounts Receivable||Vice President Business & Finance|
|Finance - Budgeting||Budget & Planning Director|
|Finance - General||Vice President Business & Finance|
|Financial Aid||Director of Financial Aid|
|Human Resources||Director of Human Resources|
|Vendor Information||Director of Purchasing|
一道本不卡免费高清If you are having problems accessing or questions about Banner, please contact the ITS Service Desk, Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at 256-372-HELP (4357).
In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: