Laboratory and Chemical Safety Committee
The Laboratory and Chemical Safety Committee (LCSC)一道本不卡免费高清 focuses on the promoting a safe laboratory environment by focusing on the receipt, usage, storage, and disposal of chemicals in a laboratory. This committee works on emerging issues of health and safety in the laboratory environment and how to apply them to the campus. This committee oversees the implementation of the University’s Chemical Hygiene Plan as described in the AAMU Laboratory Safety Manual.
Duties and responsibilities
- Review safety and health policies and procedures established by the agency pertaining to laboratory and chemical safety.
- Review incidents involving work-related fatalities, injuries, illnesses or near misses related to laboratory and chemical safety.
- Review employee complaints regarding safety and health hazards related to laboratory and chemical safety.
- Conduct inspections of laboratories and worksites utilizing chemicals at least annually and in response to complaints regarding safety or health hazards.
- Conduct interviews with employees in conjunction with inspections of the workplace.
- Review agency’s training records related to laboratory and chemical safety to ensure compliance with regulatory training requirements.
- Conduct meetings at least once every three months. Maintain written minutes of such meeting and send copy to each committee member. Copy of minutes shall be posted in the appropriate workplace.
- Shipment and receipt of laboratory chemicals.
- Flammable liquids and other fire hazards in laboratories.
- Security of laboratory chemicals.
- Carcinogens, reproductive toxins and pesticides.
- Simon Ogutu, M.S., Research Associate, Non-Scientist (Chair)
- Irenus Tazisong, Ph.D., Research Associate, Scientist
- Kamala Bhat, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Scientist
- Armitra Jackson-Davis, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Scientist
- Paul Okweye, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Scientist
- Richard Lagle, M.S., Lab Technician, Non-Scientist
- Vamsi Vasireddy, M.S., Manager, Non Affiliated
For more information please contact the LCSC Chair:
Mr. Simon Ogutu
一道本不卡免费高清In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: