TRiO Special Programs
Upward Bound is a federally funded program sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education. The program at Alabama A&M University serves 104 eligible high school students. The Upward Bound Program at Alabama A&M University aids eligible and program selected high school students in generating the skills and motivation necessary to complete high school and to successfully enroll and succeed in postsecondary education. The program is housed in Councill Hall on the 3rd floor at Alabama A&M University.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Students who reside and attend target area schools in Huntsville City and Madison County MUST meet the following criteria:
- A citizen or national of the United States
- First generation and low-income
- (First generation student: neither parent or guardian graduated from a four-year institution)
- (Low-income: based on taxable income and family size set by the U. S. Department of Education)
- First generation or low-income
- Has an academic need
- Has completed 8th grade but has not graduated from high school
TARGET AREA SCHOOLS
|Columbia High||Buckhorn High|
|Jemison High||Hazel Green High|
|Lee High||Sparkman 9th Grade|
The Upward Bound Program at Alabama A&M University offers a summer residential and an academic component. Participants are required to attend both components until they graduate from high school.
The summer residential component is six weeks. Room and board is provided for students to live on the campus of Alabama A&M University.
一道本不卡免费高清The academic component allows students to attend sessions for a minimum of fourteen Saturdays on the campus of Alabama A&M University.
- High School Academic Instruction & Tutoring
- Subjects: Composition, Literature, History/Current Events, Foreign Language, Math, and Science
- Academic Enrichment, Advising, and Mentoring
- Cultural Development & Enrichment Activities
- $10.00 weekly stipend (Academic)
- $15.00 weekly stipend (Residential)
- Work-study (Bridge students and seniors only)
- ACT and Standardized Test Preparation
- Workshops and Seminars
- College & University (Postsecondary) Preparation
- Financial Aid Counseling & Financial Literacy
- Bridge Component
- Seniors who graduated from high school
- Admitted to the University
- Enroll in classes for the summer at AAMU
一道本不卡免费高清Applications are available at:
- AAMU TRiO-Upward Bound Offices
- Target Huntsville City Schools (Middle & High Schools)
- Target Madison County Schools (Middle & High Schools)
一道本不卡免费高清In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: