Skip to content
Strategic Priority 6
Enhance University Engagement through Expanded Outreach
The Strategic Priority 6 Objectives are as follows:
- By Fall 2017, produce and implement a comprehensive university-wide outreach and engagement plan.
Amended: By 2023, increase the number of instances of university-wide outreach and engagement.
The Strategic Priority 6 Implementation Strategies are as follows:
- Identify areas where AAMU has a competitive advantage relative to developing and expanding outreach and engagement.
- Identify communities that have needs that match AAMU’s expertise.
- Promote policies and practices that strengthen outreach and engagement throughout the state and region.
- Develop training and certification programs in partnership with local non-profit and for-profit organizations and government and public agencies.
- Expand student service learning in undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Pursue a research based economic development agenda that focus on areas with the greatest impact for the state and region.
- Strategically expand online courses and programs and develop the necessary infrastructure to support the growing demand for online learning.