Starting a chapter
一道本不卡免费高清Thank you for considering a chapter initiative! The initiative you are envisioning has been the starting point for much of the loyal support that Alabama A&M University receives from alumni and friends. Extensive alumni participation helps to establish a culture of philanthropy and is crucial to the success and sustainability of our university. You and interested alumni like you are the foundation for the Alabama A&M University Alumni Chapter Network and this network is the foundation for the National Alumni Association. The support provided by both these groups is vital to the University and its programs.
一道本不卡免费高清Alumni Chapters serve as the connecting link between alumni and the NAA. Chapters participate in a wide variety of activities that promote and build support for the NAA. These activities include hosting meetings, raising scholarship money and assisting in the recruitment of students to the University.
一道本不卡免费高清Our ultimate goal is to have strong effective chapters involved in membership development, student recruitment and the establishment of scholarships.
These activities are coordinated through the chapter development department within the National Alumni Association office on campus.
We are here to help you coordinate activities to serve the alumni, fans and friends in your area. The office of Alumni Welcome Center is located at 116 Chase Road, phone: 256-372-5287. We are open year round M-F from 8 am-5 pm. We are committed to helping alumni start local chapters of the Alabama A&M Alumni Association, Inc.
How to Start a New Chapter
- Contact the Office of Alumni Affairs to express your interest in starting a new alumni chapter. You will be provided with a list of alumni in your area, a chapter information sheet, and a draft of a chapter constitution and by-laws which you will customize.
- A minimum of five (5) members is needed to establish a chapter.
- Officers must be elected and information forwarded to the Office of Alumni Affairs (see Chapter Officers Sheet under Chapter Reporting Forms).
- A constitution must be written and forwarded to the Alabama A&M University Alumni Association for approval.
- Each member is required to pay $50.00 alumni dues to gain active status in the Alumni Association at the national level. Chapters are allowed to establish their own local dues requirements.
- A $50.00 chapter charter fee is required to be submitted with the group's application membership.
- Upon receipt of the names and addresses of members of the new chapter, payments of $50.00 alumni dues per member, and $50.00 chapter charter fee will be due. In addition to these payments, the chapter constitution and by-laws must be submitted. Upon approval, the Alumni Association will activate the chapter and issue the appropriate membership cards.
- Checks or money orders for alumni dues and a club charter are to be made payable to the AAMU Alumni Association, Inc., and mailed to the Office of Alumni Affairs, P.O. Box 1717, Normal, AL 35762.
一道本不卡免费高清In order to maintain a charter, the local alumni chapter must fulfill the following obligations:
- Hold monthly meetings at which business is transacted
- Elections for president, vice president, secretary, treasurer and other officer are held biennially.
- Terms of office shall be concurrent with the terms of the Officers of the AAMU Alumni Association which run biennially from January to January
- All officers and chairpersons must be active members of the AAMU Alumni Association
Chapter Forms Required
These forms are designed to be printed for your use or completed and submitted via e-mail to the Office of Alumni Affairs. If you have any questions regarding these forms, please contact the Office of Alumni Affairs.
一道本不卡免费高清In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: