Suicide Prevention Training
QPR (Question, Persuade, and Refer) Gatekeeper Training for Suicide Prevention is a brief educational program designed to teach ‘gatekeepers’—those who are strategically positioned to recognize and refer someone at risk of suicide (e.g., parents, friends, neighbors, teachers, coaches, caseworker, police officer) — the warning signs of a suicide crisis and how to respond by following three steps:
- Question the individual’s desire or intent regarding suicide
- Persuade the person to seek and accept help
- Refer the person to appropriate resources
How to Register:
- Enter the Organization Code: AAMU
- Use your AAMU email to set up your user account.